Schedule/Shift: Monday-Friday; Days; 37.5 per week
The Production Specialist is a member of the Production Department and is responsible for the daily print production, document reproduction, packaging and shipment of alternate format documents and statements for the blind and partially sighted community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding Service Level Agreements (SLA) requirements for all customers, including required turnaround times and applicable document production standards.
- Ensuring that documents and statements sent to Production are reproduced in the appropriate format, reviewed for compliance with applicable Quality Standards, packaged and shipped in a timely manner, within customer SLA requirements.
- Operating binding and printing equipment.
- Operating manual and automated embossing equipment.
- Stuffing and packaging parcels.
- Receiving and shipping parcels.
- Reporting quality problems to the appropriate personnel for timely correction.
- Tracking time spent on specific transcription tasks in support of invoicing and human resources processes and through appropriate T-Base utilities, such as Big Time and JIRA.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members of other departments on the progress and status of specific jobs and assignments.
- Assisting in other areas of the US Operations to ensure the timely completion and distribution of customer statements, as directed by the US Production Manager, Senior US Operations Manager, or Senior Employees under the direction of the US Senior Operations Manager.
- Keeping current, with, and, diligently applying, applicable best practices for the production of documents and statements in alternative formats.
- As time permits, completing the Braille Certification Training and any other training as deemed appropriate to the effective performance of the job.
- Maintaining work area in a safe and clean fashion and following all health and safety policies and standards.
Education & Security
- A minimum completion of high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an office or production setting
- Must pass screening results for general and criminal background checks, drug testing and credit history on an ongoing basis
- Knowledge of Braille would be an asset
Hours of Work
The shift schedule will vary to meet customer demands and may include evenings and weekends.
Skills and Abilities
- Comfortable with the use of computers
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks of self and others and troubleshoot problems and issues
- Excellent organizing skills.
- Strong relationship and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Fluency in Spanish or French would be an asset
Allyant is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. We value a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged and welcomed. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer-focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can acquire and hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.