CommonLook PDF Validator
A free, robust Adobe Acrobat plug-in designed for testing and verifying PDF accessibility.
Knowledge is Power.
PDF Verification. Fast and Right.
PDF Validator provides users with a certification report for each tested document. As a result, communications and compliance specialists can rest assured that their PDFs are compliant with accessibility standards.
Verify and validate documents against Section 508, WCAG AA, PDF/UA, and HHS.
Generate a recognized compliance report for each document.
Customize checkpoints to each standard to meet the organization’s accessibility needs.
Your Best Free Solution.
PDF Validator Features
- View and Verify appropriate Metadata, including Title, Subject, Author, Keywords, Language, and Country.
- Verify that the document will display the Title (not the file name).
- View and Verify accurate Bookmarks.
- Check that fonts are correctly embedded in the document.
- Test that characters in text objects are mapped to Unicode.
Lists and Links
- Test for proper assembly of List and Link tags.
- Test for, and allow the user to verify link tag Alternative text.
- Test for, and enable the user to verify link annotation Contents (PDF/UA).
- Test for “broken” links.
- Test for proper assembly of Form tags.
- Test for Tooltips.
- Allow the user to verify the accuracy of Tooltips.
- View the Tags tree to verify proper tagging and to verify logical reading order.
- Verify proper tag nesting.
- Verify the correct use of heading tags.
- Selecting a tag in the Tags tree highlights the content in the PDF.
- Highlighting content in the PDF automatically selects the tag.
- Tag Properties panel conveniently displays the properties of any tag (alternative text, table summary, tooltip, etc.).
- Verify and Pass the Alternative text on any tag.
- Selecting an error in the verification results shows the element in the PDF.
- Verify proper role mapping for custom tags.
- Easily view untagged content.
- Test for the presence of empty tags.
- Check for empty tags that contain Alternative text.
- Test for table regularity.
- Test for adequate assembly of Table tags.
- Test for existence of Table Summaries.
- Allow the user to verify the accuracy of Table Summaries.