Reports to: Manager, Remediation
- To utilize Adobe Acrobat and other tools to add interactive forms to documents to ensure compliance with accessibility standards, and to self-QA added forms.
- To write alternative text for figures in PDF files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Add and prepare interactive form fields to PDF files, to meet accessibility standards, our best practices, and our client’s requested policies.
- Use additional tools as required to complete these essential tasks in an efficient manner.
- Generate alternative text to describe required visual figures concisely and professionally.
- Deliver forms or alternative text to the Remediation Team in time for its deadline.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Possesses influencing skills as well as the ability to present complex situations in a clear and simple way.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Other languages are an asset.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to mentally track many details, software functions, and practices simultaneously, while adjusting for client-specific rules.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time with a proven ability to deliver quality work and meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to define opportunities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and strong adherence to the practice of business ethics.
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle difficult personalities and situations independently.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, its form creation tools, and its accessibility features is highly recommended.
- Comfort and familiarity with learning keyboard shortcuts, software tricks, and a high computer literacy is highly recommended.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, is highly recommended.
- Knowledge of section 508, WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1, PDF/UA and other accessibility standards is an asset, but not a requirement.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet virtually – initially for training, ongoing for unusual client cases or form circumstances.
- Exchange messages on Microsoft Teams to discuss details of tasks specific to files.
- Meet virtually and regularly with the Remediation Team to touch base and team build.
- Our small Remediation Support Team has a strong rapport and regularly shares unusual cases we encounter, as well as general tips and tricks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work quickly and independently using keyboard and mouse, as not all tasks can be done with only one input method.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Allyant is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. We value a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged and welcomed. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer-focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can acquire and hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.