Reports to: Manager, Remediation
Schedule / Shift: Monday – Friday; Days; 37.5 per week
Providing equitable access to information is now paramount to the success of all organizations. However, when tasked with addressing the many aspects of accessibility—including legal requirements, compliance and the ever-growing demand for social responsibility—it’s no wonder that most organizations feel overwhelmed.
At Allyant, we believe every organization’s journey toward equitable access should be simple and seamless—eliminating the worry, stress and uncertainty often associated with accessibility. For this reason, we offer many accessibility services and software solutions, spanning print and digital document remediation services, document remediation software, and digital accessibility auditing.
In fact, our highly innovative products and services enable any organization, regardless of size, industry or location, to deliver compliant, accessible communications, helping them achieve their goals of supporting people with disabilities and ensuring equitable access to information for all.
Utilize CommonLook products for Remediation of documents to ensure compliance with accessibility standards while making recommendations regarding projects and QA needs to the Manager and VP.
- Implement alternative text or text equivalents in a remediation context.
- Review and correct structure.
- Remediate in final format
- Identify and run automated testing processes to evaluate the conformance to standard.
- Identify and run manual testing processes to evaluate the conformance to standard.
- As time permits, completing the Braille Certification Training and any other training as deemed appropriate to the effective performance of the job.
- Maintaining work area in a safe and clean fashion and following all health and safety policies and standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with document accessibility is desirable but not required
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and its accessibility- features highly recommended
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with HTML a plus
- Knowledge of section 508, WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1, PDF/UA and other accessibility standards plus
- Experience with Adobe LiveCycle and InDesign a plus
- Manages tight deadlines
- Extreme attention to detail
- Bachelors/Associates Degree
- Ability to sit and work at the computer for extended periods of time.
- Must pass screening results for general and criminal background checks and credit history on an ongoing basis
Allyant is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. We value a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged and welcomed. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer-focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can acquire and hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.