Reports to: Manager, PHI Processing
Schedule/Shift: Monday-Friday; Days; 37.5 per week
Reporting to the PHI Processing Manager and working closely with a team of PHI Processing Specialists this position is responsible for the daily processing and production of alternate format documents and statements for the blind and partially sighted community – primarily through the use of proprietary software for automated processing of statements in alternate formats. The position is also responsible for the daily coding of documents using Allyant proprietary software and for supporting the work of other Allyant departments on an as-needed basis.
- Processing customer documents and statements using Allyant proprietary software for the automatic conversion of documents and statements into alternative formats in accordance with customer Service Level Agreements (S.L.A), Quality Standards and Work Instructions.
- Completing the processing of documents and statements in accordance with customer specific Work Instructions.
- Ensuring the efficient and accurate coding, proofing, and production of alternate format documents.
- Completing and distributing reconciliation and other reports to customers as required.
- Understanding SLA requirements for all customers, including required turnaround times and download schedules.
- Identifying processing deficiencies and bugs through diligent application of Quality Assurance processes and standards. Reporting all such deficiencies to Allyant Development staff in a timely manner with accurate and complete descriptions in JIRA or such other ticket-tracking utility implemented by Allyant. Coordinating deployment of bug fixes and similar functionality with Allyant Development staff.
- Ensuring that processed documents and statements are sent to Production for timely printing and delivery and supporting the Production Department as needed.
- Summarizing processing volumes and tracking time spent on specific customer tasks in support of invoicing and human resources processes and through appropriate Allyant utilities, such as JIRA.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members of other departments, including the Development Department, on the progress and status of any maintenance associated with customer tools.
- Assisting in other areas of the US Operations to ensure the timely completion and distribution of customer statements, as directed by the Manager or other senior staff in the office.
- As time permits, completing the Braille Certification Training and any other training as deemed appropriate to the effective performance of the job.
- Maintaining work area in a safe and clean fashion and following all health and safety policies and standards.
Education & Experience
- A minimum completion of high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an office or production setting.
- Knowledge of Braille would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities
- Comfortable with the use of computers and office automation products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Notepad, WordPad, Editpad Pro and Adobe Acrobat.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time with a proven ability to deliver quality work and meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to define opportunities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and strong adherence to the practice of business ethics.
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle difficult personalities and situations independently.
- Negotiation skills.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Possesses influencing skills as well as the ability to present complex situations in a clear and simple way.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Other languages are an asset.
Allyant is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. We value a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged and welcomed. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer-focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can acquire and hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter t email@example.com.