Reports to: Director, People Services
Schedule / Shift: Monday – Friday; EST or CST Day Hours; 37.5 per week
Allyant is hiring a People Services (HR) Generalist to join our People Services team!
We are seeking a mid-level practitioner with solid HR professional experience who possess knowledge and familiarity of employment law, specifically in the US and/or Canada.
As the People Services (HR) Generalist, you will be in a highly visible position that will support all areas of the business that impact company performance and profitability. You will support the organizations vision and goals by providing ongoing consultation, coaching, training, and policy interpretation to employees and leadership. This role focuses on (but not limited to): Talent acquisition management, on/off-boarding, employee relations, training and staff development, benefit/compensation administration, health and safety, and compliance management.
- Performs full-life cycle recruitment to include posting open requisitions, candidate sourcing, pre-screening, interviewing, reference checks, offer negotiations, etc.
- Facilitates new hire onboarding activities.
- Leads termination activities such as supporting managers with involuntary terminations, conducting exit interviews, preparing appropriate departure documentation, processing leave within appropriate internal systems (benefit, payroll, IT, etc).
- Supports administration of annual and periodic employee engagement surveys and action planning.
- Handles and processes employee leaves. Partners with the employee’s manager, Payroll, and appropriate benefit contact respectively.
- Conducts interactive processes in conjunction with management when any requests for accommodation are brought forward.
- Coaches department managers on performance management and other employee matters.
- Conducts workplace investigations.
- Administers benefit enrollments and assists employees with company benefits questions and issues.
- Maintains company global and multi-jurisdictional compliance with all government, legal, and mandatory reporting requirements including responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state/provincial and local legislation pertaining to all employee matters, specifically in the US and Canada.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices, policies, employment law, and common HR practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in a Human Resources role.
- Human Resources certification to include SHRM or HRCI credential preferred.
- Possess knowledge of foundational HR principles and best practices with proven experience of application.
- Knowledge and experience supporting multi-jurisdictional compliance with all government, legal, and mandatory reporting requirements including responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state/provincial, and local legislation pertaining to all employee matters.
- Experience with negotiating, counseling, and conflict management.
- Ability to manage projects by maintaining direction and focus through proactive planning, organized approaches to work and effectively meeting deadlines.
- Ability to create and maintain a collaborative team environment; to build relationships and effectively work with all levels of staff to include leadership and employees.
- Solid communication (written/verbal) and organizational skills. Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Has the ability to work autonomously and make decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS software.
- Working space must be professional / business appropriate, free of distractions and safely maintained (as to meet safe working conditions followed on company premises).
- Working space must have fast, stable / uninterrupted internet connection.
- Willingness and ability to travel within North America if necessary (limited to 1-2 times per year).
Allyant is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. We value a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged and welcomed. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer-focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can acquire and hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.