Reports to: Director of Finance
Schedule / Shift: Monday – Friday; Days; 37.5 per week
Reporting to the Director of Finance and working in close coordination with the Director of People Services, the Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of payroll processing and reporting of our North American (Canada & USA) employees. The role requires meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and knowledge of payroll regulations and processes in both countries.
This is a hybrid role with regular presence required at the Allyant office in Ottawa during the work week.
If you are a dynamic self-starter, eager to learn and expand your knowledge, Allyant offers you an excellent working environment to grow and develop professionally with a dedicated team of professionals just like you. Competitive compensation and benefits package, coupled with the learning opportunities make this an excellent opportunity.
Payroll Administration & Data Management
- Process semi-monthly payroll and reconciliations for salaried and hourly employees in Canada (ADP Team Pay) and the United States (ADP Total Source), including processing employees on LOA, new hires terminations, and conducting special payment calculations.
- Support off-cycle payrolls.
- Manage US state tax and unemployment accounts.
- Review and audit employee time and attendance data in the HRIS and Time Management system.
- Ensure accurate deductions for taxes, benefits, and other payroll-related items.
- Maintain records of payroll transactions, including salaries, wages, deductions, and timekeeping files.
- Address employee and management inquiries regarding pay, deductions, forms, and tax-related matters.
- Stay up-to-date with local payroll laws and regulations, ensuring compliance in all jurisdictions where the company operates
- Prepare and submit payroll-related reports, tax filings, and other required documentation to local authorities as per the respective countries regulations.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of employee payroll information, adhering to data protection policies and regulations.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Prepare journal entries to accounting system and reconcile accounts.
- Conduct budget to actual variance analysis and other ad hoc reporting as necessary.
- Analyze payroll data to identify trends, patterns, and anomalies, and provide insights to management.
- Manage monthly census data and ESG reporting.
Qualifications and Experience
Education & Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of payroll experience.
- Experience in global payroll administration, preferable in a multi-country environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field (preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of payroll regulations to include federal, state and provincial, tax laws, and compliance requirements in Canada and the United States.
- Familiarity with HRIS and payroll systems
- Experience working with ADP is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented mindset with a commitment to accuracy and data integrity.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Exceptional organizational and time management abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time with a proven ability to deliver quality work and meet deadlines. Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Possesses influencing skills as well as the ability to present complex situations in a clear and simple way.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Other languages are an asset
Certificates and Licenses:
- PCP Preferred.
Allyant is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. We value a diverse workforce and will provide equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment for meeting bona fide occupational qualifications, regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Applications from people with disabilities are encouraged and welcomed. Appropriate accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any unique accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
If you are looking to join a growing team where you can work in a customer-focused, innovative, challenging, and fun learning environment where you can acquire and hone valuable skills, we invite you to apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.